Rawwater Bismuth Plug - the key facts
- Certified by Bureau Veritas as fit-for-purpose for extreme life applications in the oil and gas industry
- Certified to ISO 14310 V0 rating (no gas leak)
- Differential pressure resistance of 6,000psi (>400bar)
- Tested to 2000x the required 'no bubble' period of 15 minutes
- Alloys that can be melted and cast in underwater environments
- Molten metal can be controlled to flow then solidify in water
- Alloy increases in volume as it solidifies, expanding like ice
- Controlled expansion during solidification for high integrity seals in well bore casings and leaking abandonments
- Rapid hardening thanks to novel electric and pyrotechnic techniques
- High corrosion resistance and no restriction on well depth
- A reversible replacement for cement seals
- Reduced installation times and rapid curing
- Technologies in development for the sealing of undefined geometries
Contact us for more information.
- Bismuth has the unusual property of expanding upon freezing, a property that is crucial to its use in our well abandonment technology.